Tourism plays a relatively moderate but growing role in the economy of Ghana. In spite of the substantial growth of the tourism industry over the past fifteen years, the true wealth‐creating and poverty reducing potential of the sector has not been realised. Ghana through the development of nature-based tourism and implementation of SCP practices in the sector has the potential to realise the true potential of this sector.
Latest from SAG
- European Union hails Uganda’s Green Development Strategy
- Africa Forum Private Sector Inclusive Green Growth and Job Creation
- The Nordic Climate Facility’s 7th call for proposals: 28 August to 29 September 2017
- Three Ugandan SMEs selected for Africa environment awards
- Sustaining Uganda's resources through promoting Green Business Production